Not in order of preference, just as they came to me.
- Shelf Monkey by Corey Redekop (fiction) Fight Club meets Fahrenheit 451. A group of bookstore workers have a book burning club.
- The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall (fiction) The Matrix meets Jaws. A man wakes up with no memory after a conceptual shark hunts him down and steals his memory
- JPod by Douglas Coupland (fiction) Microserfs version 2.0. A story about a group of video game programmers. Soon to become a CBC 13 episode miniseries.
- A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews (fiction) All about growing up in a Mennonite community and not fitting in. Not that I could relate.
- Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O’Neill (fiction) The story of a 12 year old girl and her heroin addicted father in Montreal. Debut novel from a regular contributor of This American Life
- Rant An Oral Biography of Buster Casey by Chuck Palahniuk (fiction) A retelling of the life of a serial killer by everyone that knew him or became obsessed with him.
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins Scathing criticism of religion and the harm it does to society.
- The Shock Doctrine The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein A very detailed account of how governments have taken advantage of natural disasters and economic and political upheaval