A Friday Five about Music, how could I resist?
1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
I really want to lie about this one, but it was Kim Mitchell. I’m sure many people have heard the song Patio Lanterns. It was a big hit when I saw him play. The tickets were a gift for my 12th birthday.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
Right now at this very minute, it’s Calexico. Feast Of Wire is the best mariachi music I have ever heard. Tomorrow, it will probably be something else.
3. What’s your favorite song?
I think my all-time favite song would be Behind The Garage by Eric’s Trip.
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
The guitar. I have a guitar and know how it works, but I sure wish I could play it.
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
I can’t think of any particular musician that I would like to meet, especially an icon. I enjoy going to show that are small enough that I can talk to the musician after the show is over.